Friday, July 30, 2010

More of my Great Grandfather being Awesome

My Great Grandfather along with fighting in the war, also was the Heavyweight Boxing Champion of Maine. He would travel all around to get new fights and he started at a very young age. One day as he was traveling to get a place where his next fight would take place he ended up talking to a Sheriff. At this point he was only 16 years old, same as me, keep that in mind. The Sheriff told him that his son was the best boxer around and he was also around my Great Grandfathers age. My grandfather said "well i can beat him". The sheriff arranged for it and made it known around town that there would be a fight between his son and my Great Grandfather. My Great Grandfather was a lefty, which not many people knew, and even less people that went in to fight him knew. In the first round my Great Grandfather caught him right on the chin and apparently he hit him so hard he went skidding across the floor. After the fight, the Sheriff came up and said, well i would have paid you a $1000 to not have to see that happen to my son, and my Great Grandfather said to him, "WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT BEFORE THE FIGHT?! I would have danced around with him for 8 or 9 rounds if i could have got a $1000 out of it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment