Friday, July 30, 2010

Stories

I spent the day today with my grandparents out at a camp, and had a really good day, and as the day was ending i sat down to eat supper. My grandparents had invited the owner of the whole camp area and another set of elderly campers over to have supper with us. Well as supper went on we all began to talk about our selves and tell stories from our past and about our families. Well i heard many stories about my great grandfather who was a highly decorated WWII veteran, some i will share later on, but one i would like to share now. The words from my grandfather. It was the middle of winter in WWII and my great grandfather and all of the people in his group were wearing brown, which was very easy to detect, while the germans were in all white so they were near impossible to see. Everyone that was trying to charge against the Germans were just getting mowed down because they couldn't see them at all. The commander just kept ordering them to charge and all of the soldiers followed orders. Well this time my Great Grandfathers group was ordered to charge, and my Great Grandfather ran out with one of his close friends, and they saw the other people they had been with getting shot around them. The next thing my great grandfather did was look at his buddy, and said "well sh**, i'm not doing this, we can't even see them!". My great grandfather and his buddy took off running and both of them side by side dove over into a ditch. who do you think they landed on? if you said the Germans, you're wrong. They dove over a ditch and landed directly on top of their commander. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment